1 day course: Work at height using personal fall protection systems
Please click here to skip to the booking form.
£ 195.00 + VAT per person (for 4 to 6 people). 10.00 hrs – 17.00 hrs
Held in any location with suitable facilities to use or demonstrate Personal Fall Protection Systems (PFPS).
- Opening multiple choice quiz.
- Definition of working at height in the entertainment industry
- The Work at Height Regulations 2005
- The hierarchy of fall prevention and safe systems of work
- Fall arrest theory – fall factors and energy absorbers
- Selection and specification of PPE for work at height
- The dangers of using fall arrest equipment without proper anchors
- Rescue principles and planning
- Suspension syncope/suspension intolerance
- Pre use checks of PPE
- Fitting and using personal fall protection PPE
- Progression using twin lanyards
- Using a work positioning lanyard
- as a work restraint lanyard
- in work positioning applications
- Creating an anchor using a sling to EN795B
- Repeat of opening multiple choice quiz
On completion candidates will have:
- Course notes and additional printed information
- A numbered certificate of attendance relating to the syllabus above
- A personalised record of training
- An appreciation of their legal duties
- How to use simple PFPS when carrying out tasks at height
Student to trainer ratio is 6:1 as a maximum.
Participants must be at least 18 years old.
Please contact us if you feel you have a health condition we should understand.
To book this course for between 4 and 6 people complete the following booking form:
Your booking is confirmed when funds clear.
If you haven’t paid 28 days before the course, the place may be given to someone else.
Places are limited to 6 participants and courses are run subject to a minimum number of bookings; where necessary this is finalised 28 days in advance of the scheduled course.
Cancellations must be made in writing, by fax or e mail with at least 14 days notice. Failure to do so means we will only refund 50% of the fee to cover the costs we incur. We will re-book paid up customers once without making a cancellation charge. Course cost does not include accommodation or meals.
We cannot take responsibility for cancellations caused by events outside our control, such as strike action or through severe weather. Fees are generally not refunded; we transfer bookings to the next available course