3 day rigging training course
Please click here to skip to the booking form for courses held in Birmingham.
3 days of intensive practical rigging training on a purpose built steel grid structure.
£ 675.00 + VAT per person, course runs 10.00 hrs – 17.00 hrs each day
- Opening multiple choice quiz.
- Legislation including risk assessment
- LOLER 1998 and the Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Principles of lifting
- Safe systems of work
- Work at height using Personal Fall Protection Systems
- Pre-use checks to PFPS
- Basic rigging and ropework, the ‘open basket’ and choke hitches
- Marking out
- Rigging motors with steels, roundslings, shackles, O rings, STAC and clutch chains
- Using electric chain hoists
- Using trusses correctly as simple spans and in a box configuration
- Simple load calculations for slings and trusses
- Terminating steel wire ropes
- Secondary suspensions, theory and practice
- Inspection of lifting equipment
- Repeat of opening multiple choice quiz
On completion candidates will have:
- Course notes and additional printed information
- A numbered certificate of attendance relating to the syllabus completed
- A personal record of training
- An appreciation of their legal duties
- A basic knowledge of how to use equipment safely in slinging and entertainment industry lifting operations
- An understanding of the principles of working at height using personal fall protection systems
We provide everything required except face coverings, work clothes and footwear.
Student to trainer ratio is 6:1 for courses run at Total Solutions Group.
Participants must be over 18 years old except by special arrangement.
Contact us if you feel you have any health condition you feel we should understand.
We reserve the right to change course content or to postpone courses if Government Covid advice means we cannot provide meaningful training content or activity.
Joining instructions are supplied once you have paid for your booking(s).
To book a place on this course please complete the booking form:
Please refer to our training course Terms and Conditions which include:
Your booking is confirmed when our invoice is settled.
If you haven’t paid 28 days before the course, your place will be offered to someone else.
Please only book firm dates; not honouring your booking blocks others from attending.
We do not make refunds on bookings cancelled within 28 days of the course dates you book.
Course fees do not include accommodation or meals.
We cannot take responsibility for cancellations caused by events outside our control. These include matters associated with control of transmission of Coronavirus, strike action or severe weather.
To ensure quality we reserve the right to postpone advertised courses where we believe the trainer to student ratio may be compromised; six is the optimum number for this course.
We can take payment via bank transfer or over the phone by the following credit/debit cards.
Please note card processing charges apply.