3 Day Rigging Training Course
Please click here to skip to the booking form for courses held in Birmingham.
3 days of intensive practical rigging training on a purpose built steel grid structure.
£ 625.00 + VAT per person until April 6th, course runs 10.00 hrs – 17.00 hrs each day
- Opening multiple choice quiz.
- Legislation including risk assessment
- LOLER 1998 and the Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Principles of lifting
- Safe systems of work
- Work at height using Personal Fall Protection Systems
- Pre-use checks to PFPS
- Basic rigging and ropework, the ‘open basket’ and choke hitches
- Marking out
- Rigging motors with steels, roundslings, shackles, O rings and clutch chains
- Using electric chain hoists
- Using trusses correctly as simple spans and in a box configuration
- Simple load calculations for slings and trusses
- Terminating steel wire ropes
- Secondary suspensions, theory and practice
- Inspection of lifting equipment
- Repeat of opening multiple choice quiz
On completion candidates will have:
- Course notes and additional printed information
- A numbered certificate of attendance relating to the syllabus completed
- A personal record of training
- An appreciation of their legal duties
- A basic knowledge of how to use equipment safely in slinging and entertainment industry lifting operations
- An understanding of the principles of working at height using personal fall protection systems
We provide everything required except work clothes and footwear.
Student to trainer ratio is 6:1 for courses run at Total Solutions Group.
Participants must be over 18 years old.
Contact us if you feel you have any health condition you feel we should understand.
Further joining instructions are supplied on confirmation of booking.
To book a place on this course please complete the booking form:
Your booking is confirmed when funds clear.
If you haven’t paid 28 days before the course, the place may be given to someone else.
Places are limited to 6 participants and courses are run subject to a minimum number of bookings; where necessary this is finalised 30 days in advance of the scheduled course.
Cancellations must be made in writing, by post, fax or e mail with at least 14 days notice. Failure to do so means we will only refund 50% of the fee to cover the costs we incur. We will re-book paid up customers once without making a cancellation charge. Course cost does not include accommodation or meals.
We cannot take responsibility for cancellations caused by events outside our control, such as strike action or through severe weather.
To ensure quality we reserve the right to postpone advertised courses where we believe the trainer to student ratio may be compromised; six is the optimum number for this course.
Fees are generally not refunded; we transfer bookings to the next available course.
We can take payment via bank transfer or over the phone by the following credit / debit cards. Please note card processing charges apply.