2 day rigging course
This course is run for employers, not individuals.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR DETAILS OF HOW TO BOOK YOUR COURSE
Usually held at the client’s site or venue from 10.00 hrs – 17.00 hrs each day
- Opening multiple choice quiz
- Responsibilities of individuals
- Risk Assessment, PUWER and LOLER Regulations 1998
- Lifting principles – lever, beam, pulley and angles of lift
- Point and Uniform loads, identification of rigging/lifting points
- Slinging – basket and choke with steels and roundslings.
- Using bowline and ‘open basket’ technique.
- Marking out points
- Rigging chain blocks or chain motors
- Using trusses – chords, bracing, nodes, connections, wall thickness
- Assembly and simple slinging of general purpose trusses
- Lifting checklist
- Lifting and trimming trusses
- Secondary suspensions – theory and practice
- De rigging, packing and storing equipment
- Repeat of opening multiple choice quiz
On completion candidates will have:
- Course notes and additional printed information
- A numbered certificate of attendance relating to the syllabus above
- A personalised record of training
- An appreciation of their legal duties
- A basic knowledge of how to use equipment safely in slinging and lifting operations
Student to trainer ratio is 8:1 as a maximum.
Your booking is confirmed when funds clear.
If you haven’t paid 28 days before the course, the place may be given to someone else.
Places are limited to 6 participants and courses are run subject to a minimum number of bookings; where necessary this is finalised 28 days in advance of the scheduled course.
Cancellations must be made in writing, by fax or e mail with at least 14 days notice. Failure to do so means we will only refund 50% of the fee to cover the costs we incur. We will re-book paid up customers once without making a cancellation charge. Course costs do not include accommodation or meals.
We cannot take responsibility for cancellations caused by events outside our control, such as strike action or through severe weather. Fees are generally not refunded; we transfer bookings to the next available course